Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Smith Micro releases Poser Pro with Maya support



Hi,

Poser has become a very popular program and it screams to be used in a larger production pipeline. Intergration of Poser with higher end packages has been dubious at best. There have been solutions for integrating Poser with Maya, Max, and C4D. Reiss Studio created a plugin called Body Studio that allowed for the export of Poser files to Maya, Max, and C4D. interPoser Pro is an app from Kuroyumes Development Zone for integrating C4D and Poser.

http://www.reiss-studio.com/

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/products_interposer_pro.html

I don't know much about interPoser Pro but from C4D users I have talked to it's great. My experience with Reiss Studio has been less than stellar. I have owned Body Studio for Maya for years and have never gotten it working correctly. Their customer service is terrible. While upgrading it for possible inclusion in Maya Plugin Power I was charged 3 times for the software. repeated attempts to remedy my problems have fallen on deaf ears. Their custmer service is a huge joke. I would be happy to document my problems for anyone interested. Their total lack of interest in returning my emails ultimately led to their exclusion from Maya Plugin Power. This was a real shame.

But I digress... SmithMicro is now the company name attached to the developement of Poser(SmithMicro is Efrontier). They have announced Poser Pro. Below is a portion of their press release from the website.

Poser Pro includes PoserFusion™ plug-ins, which enables hosting of both animated and static Poser scenes in Autodesk® 3ds Max®, Autodesk® Maya® and Maxon's CINEMA 4D. Poser Pro supports COLLADA data interchange, which permits the import of 3D data and the export of Poser scenes with character rigging and blend zones, morph targets, texture information, lighting, cameras and other scene details.

This mean that Poser now includes native plugin support for Maya, Max, and C4D.

I can't yet confirm this but Reiss Studio may have sold their plugin technology to SmithMicro. If anyone can confirm that I would love to hear about it. If that is the case I am sure SmithMicro didn't purchase Reiss Studios lousy support.

Here is a link for more info on Poser Pro.

http://www.smithmicro.com/default.tpl?group=news_full&id1=433&id2=13

and check out this blog for great info on Poser Pro

http://www.poserpro.net/blog/poser_pro/


Anyway you slice it, this is great news for those of us interested in incorporating Maya and Poser.


Stay Tuned,

Mark

No comments: