Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Arnold Renderer where are you?

OK, by my count it has been about 15 years since we started talking about the Arnold Renderer. If I didn't know a little better I would call it vaporware grande ! But it's not. It's real. I swear. They swear. I've run it. It's been used in films. what else can I say. Here is the first really really really official unveiling of it. That was 2 years ago.

ARNOLD at "Softimage|UeberTage 2010" (Part I) from Oliver Weingarten on Vimeo.



Today, as I write this you can go to the makers website at http://www.solidangle.com/ and see for yourself. Oh wait... still nothing there. Damn you solid angle! Why do you taunt us?

I assure you it's real and this is not some kind of "faked moon landing video"

Part II

Softimage to ARNOLD plugin (SItoA) at "Softimage|UeberTage 2010" (Part II) from Oliver Weingarten on Vimeo.




Here are some Arnold renderings in film for ya !

Its been a long, long time since Pepeland.

No comments: